"I have COVID-19, now what?!"
If you’ve tested positive for COVID-19 you should:
- Quarantine. Stay home and if you can, keep a distance from those who live with you. Many people can become ill with this virus and recover over time. It is important you limit contact with others to prevent the spread of the virus.
- Care for yourself. Make sure you are eating and drinking fluids. It is important to keep your strength and hydration.
- Contact your doctor. Call your doctor and alert them of your status. Receive care if you experience dangerous symptoms such as difficulty breathing,pain in chest, pale/blue skin, or the inability to remain awake.
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth if you must be around others.
- Avoid sharing household items: drinking glasses, cups, eating utensils, bedding or towels.
- Wash and sanitize your hands often.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces often. If you live with others, clean your quarantine space(your bedroom or bathroom) and allow others in your home to clean and disinfect other parts of the house.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
Symptoms of COVID-19 are:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting